Monday, 27 April 2009

29 Years Later

Friday night worked out well. I had spent most of the day praying and sorting things out in my head, with regard to what I am about to divulge publicly.

To put it simply, I now have a girlfriend. Big news for anyone that knows me, and not something I take at all lightly. I'm at a point in my life where it is pretty serious, as decisions like this will affect me, and her, long-term.

I won't go into details, as this is merely my blog, but things are really good right now. God is, and always will be, in the centre of this relationship. If it is his will, things will progress as they should. If everything is done properly, there will be so much contentment, peace and joy.

I got barely any sleep on Friday night. On Saturday, Mika, Eddi and I picked up Laurel from K-town and the four of us drove out towards Nakamura. We stopped at a beach on the way and then fed a couple of horses nearby. We went to a batting cage in Nakamura, which was pretty cool, as I had never really swung a baseball bat before.

After some grocery shopping and donuts, we came back home. I didn't get an opportunity to talk to my family that night, but I did see them last night and told them about recent events. They are happy for me. :)

So, in case it isn't obvious, my new girlfriend is Mika. We just got closer and closer and realised that we both wanted the same thing. So now we are in a relationship and looking towards a bright future together, where we work out our vision and long-term Kingdom-building plans (that's Godspeak for doing his work).

I went to bed early on Saturday night, having had so little sleep this past week. It was refreshing, even though I woke up with a headache on Sunday. The service at church was good, though. We had the same guest speaker from Wednesday night. Heimo-san also prayed for people after the lunch we shared together.

Following that, Mika and I talked to our pastor and we had him pray for us. A very good start to any relationship, ne.

We took Eddi to the park, by which time it was actually getting quite late in the afternoon. We stopped at the hospital to visit Mika's grandfather, before coming back to Taisho (church is in Kubokawa, as is the hospital). I talked to mum, dad, Amy and Simon on Skype before going to Mika's place for dinner.

We watched a movie together last night, at my house, and spent time talking and praying together.

So things are really good, on a personal level. I wouldn't usually talk about such private issues, but I am happy to write this stuff in my blog. It's all a part of the Japanese experience. As a Christian, my experiences and the way I relate to the world are probably different. But it is great, because life is full of so many blessings that secular-minded people would simply overlook.

There is much joy to be had in Christ.

Peace.

Timotheos

No comments: