Friday, 24 April 2009

Hamburgers Are For Winners

It has been 11 days since I last posted an entry here. Boy, how the weeks fly by. Some days seem to take a long time to get through, but in retrospect, each week seems to go by pretty fast. I've been in Japan for nine months, and it's almost May already!

Let's take a look at the last week and a half in review:

The rest of last week was the standard fare: school and time spent in the office twi- erm, preparing and... stuff.

On Saturday, we attended the Genki Musical. Every year, JETs from around the prefecture put together a play, performed in the regional dialect of Tosa-ben. They did a really good job with Makino and the Beanstalk, this year's production. Pre-reading the script in English really helped, too, as I was able to follow it and enjoy it.

We Shimanto-ites went out for dinner afterwards, which was very nice.

On Sunday, I didn't feel too good (headache, despite having decent sleep), so didn't go to church. I spent a lot of time resting and some time on my computer.

It poured with rain on Monday, so I had to forgo the usual evening run. However, Mika and I ran on Tuesday instead, as it was a beautiful day.

On Wednesday, there was a guest speaker at our church in K-town: a man from Sweden, who had been involved with missions here in Japan and had helped to plant the church. Mika interpreted his message into Japanese. It was really good to see 15-20 people attending the meeting, and it was a very encouraging time (the message was mostly about hearing the voice of God and the power that he gives to each of us).

I stayed up very late that night. I'll skip over the details for now, but I ended up getting around three hours of sleep. :x

On Thursday -- wait, that was yesterday. Ok, so we are almost up to date now. ;)

Yesterday it was a nice day, too. I felt pretty tired and was glad to have a small break between classes. Fourth and fifth periods land before and after lunch, respectively, and I had those free; which gave me a few hours of time to just rest and not do anything significant.

Mika and I went for another run. So intead of running on Monday and Wednesday, this week we have run on Tuesday and Thursday.

Last night was nice. I was up until almost 2am (yet another late night), but it was worthwhile. ^^

So yeah, I'm being a little vague here, but for good reason. Some things you can type for all the world to see; and sometimes you just have to be discreet, allowing your readers to just imagine what they will. Suffice to say, I have been spending less and less time logging into World of Warcraft and more time trying to get my priorities straight.

God is good.

Peace.

Timotheos

No comments: