Tuesday, 1 July 2008

Let Me In

Reminiscent of that tale about the three little pigs, the wolf requests of each: "Little pig, little pig, let me in!" The pig's response? "You got the credentials, mate?" :p

In order for the university to draft me a letter of completion for my BA, I need to fill out a BA Degree Audit form, which will go before a panel of academic auditors, who will say, "Well done, good and faithful student," and I will be let into Japan when the time comes ;)

And so I requested a list of papers whose credits were transferred to my degree when I enrolled at Victoria University. I was also told to "go online to student records and check out your Victoria University record for all of the courses you are enrolled in or have completed."

The results of my Beowulf paper are up (I got a B-) but for Renaissance Literature, it is still blank. I'm guessing a B or a B+ overall for that. However, despite not having a final result for one paper, I have filled out the audit form. Since final exam results must be out by Thursday, I figure that by the time it reaches whomever it is supposed to reach, my entire degree will be finalised anyway.

So that's where I'm at. I'm chilling at my parents' house for a few weeks. I'll be flying back down to Wellington on the 14th of this month to float around for a while before I go. I may have to go into the university when I get back, but chances are they will write up this letter of graduation so I can forward it to JET, allowing me entry into Japan when we go at the end of the month.

Oh right, it's July now, so w0000000t! I'm GOING TO JAPAN THIS MONTH!!1!ONE!11!

Bring it ;)

Timotheos

No comments: