Wednesday, 4 March 2009

Tanono Kindy Birthday Celebration

Kanji count: 276. My progress hasn't slowed at all. I really do hope that I can keep going at this pace until I get to my goal of 2,042.

As for the Japanese language side of things, I continue to do my daily studies, but it really is slow going. I have found a language partner now, but haven't worked out a schedule for conversation time yet.

At the kindergarten this morning, they were celebrating March birthdays. I was told that they have a birthday celebration for the kids at the start of every month. We played party games with them: pass the parcel and pin the tail on the donkey. Candice was involved in the birthday congratulations because it is her birthday this month (on Saturday, actually -- she is exactly one week younger than me).

Afterwards, some photos were taken of the kids (and us) sticking their (and our) heads through these character posters -- emperor and empress. There is some Spring festival happening at the moment that involves a display of dolls and mochi, Japanese rice cakes.

I apologise for the poor quality of the following photos. To conserve space I have my phone camera set to a low resolution, and it doesn't exactly have a high-quality lens either. But it was all I had on short notice. Maybe I should carry my camera around in my bag...?

Doll Display


Laurel and Candice


No shougakkou at all this week. Facebook Friday, perhaps? :p

Timotheos

No comments: